Healing Crystals 101: How to make your crystals work for you.
"Everything in life is a vibration." - Albert Einstein.
Each healing crystal carries a vibration that can re-align and reposition your energy with theirs.
IBM Scientist, Marcel Vogel, provided one of the first pieces of scientific evidence relating to crystals. While watching crystals grow under a microscope, he realized that their shape took form of whatever he was thinking about. He also tested the metaphysical power of the Clear Quartz crystal and proved that rocks can store thoughts (energy), similar to how tapes use magnetic energy to record sound.
How Does Crystals Work?
When a crystal comes into contact with a lower vibration, it raises the vibration of that person or thing to match it's own. So this means, when a crystal comes into contact with your body or energy, it attunes you to a higher frequency, which allows you to move past mental, physical, and spiritual blockages.
A meaningful intention is the starting point for working with crystals because that intention works as a "job" given to your crystal, allowing its energy to work for you, bringing you opportunities and helping you to reach specific goals.
When you first buy or come into new crystals, you must make it your own by cleansing your crystals, and then charging and programming them.
Crystals pick up energy from their environment and often stores that energy for long periods of times, which can have an impact on the next person that uses them.
Crystals need to be cleansed when being introduced to new energy, and then at least once a month afterwards or whenever your intention tells you it's time. Not cleansing your crystals can result in uselessness, lack of color, or even broken stones.
Cleansing, charging and programming crystals is super easy.
There are many ways to energetically cleanse your crystals, but here is the most common:
- Sunlight or Moonlight- Leave stones in sun or moonlight between 5-10 hours. (Quartz should not be left in sunlight unattended as it can act as an amplifier and be a fire risk.)
- Running water- Hold your crystals in natural water such as a river, creek or a faucet.*
- Sage- Smoke from sage flowing over crystals can clear any stored energy.
Salt- Place your stones into a bowl with sea salt and and allow them to sit overnight. The salt absorbs the energy from crystals.
*Crystals ending in “-ite” should NEVER be placed in water (ex. Hematite)
Once your stones have been cleansed, they will be ready to be charged and programmed. Each stone has several metaphysical qualities and can be used in a variety of ways, so charging them is just a way to hone in on specific healing properties.
Charge and program crystals by:
- Meditating- Sit quietly with you crystals, set your intentions for your crystal, and focus on the goal you want to accomplish. Visualize yourself reaching this goal.
- Light- Sit and focus with your stones. Hold them in your hand or sit them in front of you and imagine a white light moving down from your crown chakra (top of your head), and into your crystals. Program them with your intended purpose.
Whatever method you choose to cleanse and program your crystals, it is always recommended to follow your intuition and do what feels right for you.
Once you have programmed your crystals, place them in your home - living room, dining room, bathroom, bedroom- your car, workplace, or even carry them in your pocket. Put effort towards your goals, and your crystal powerful energy will be there to assist you.
Shop Seven’s Serenity for your crystal needs.